This year, the World Tourism Day celebrations will be held on the 27th of September 2013 at Booma Grounds in Fort Portal town.
The international theme for this year’s World Tourism Day celebrations is “Tourism and Water, Protecting Our Common Future” and will be focusing on Mount Rwenzori as the biggest source of fresh water and livelihood for this country.
Uganda Tourism Board has lined up several activities to commemorate the WTD week including the following:
1. An 5 days exhibitions showcasing the various attractions of Uganda, the ways of life of the people of Uganda, culture, history and tourism facilities and services
2. Bird Watching in Kibale National Park
3. Chimp tracking in Kibale National
4. Nature walks and community tours
5. And the Mount Rwenzori Climbing Challenge dubbed Royal as it will be led by His Majesty King Oyo