Buy-Import-Export Premium Grade UGANDA VANILLA BEANS                           Buy-Import-Export Un-Refined Raw SHEA BUTTER 

Uganda Company Shares

by Mauritio Giancarlo
(Milan Italy)


Is it required by law that i allocate part of my company shares to a local citizen working for me as a manager to be able to get a trade liscence or work permit.


Dear Mauritio,

Good afternoon. I have consulted Uganda Investment Authority (UIA).

The answer is, No, it is not required by Uganda law that an investor allocates some shares to a local manager in order to get a licence. It is only by choice if you decide to do that.

You can have a company which is 100% foreign and you would still qualify for an investment licence, a trade licence and a work permit.

Naturally, however, when you operate a company in Uganda, it would be desirable to have some Ugandan's employed in your company but this is also not compulsory. SL

Click here to post comments

Return to Frequently Asked Questions about Uganda Taxes & News.

Haven't yet found what you Want...?

If you haven't yet found what you were looking for or you need detailed information about the subject matter on this page


feel free to ask our business travel consultants.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.