Find visitors' favorite businesstravel Hotels And.... Book your best!

ad. Buy Grade A Premium Uganda Vanilla Beans NOW Available for Export  

suppose you are born in uganda been here over 20 years but have an american passport?

by Confused

Suppose you are born in Uganda ,been here over 20 years but have say an American passport?

How do you go out and come back in to the country? do you need a visa going or coming back to Uganda?


The first option you have is to apply for a Duo-citizenship pass at the Uganda Ministry of internal affairs.

Because you're born in Uganda, you're a Ugandan by birth and thus entitled to a Ugandan Passport, just like other Ugandans.

In case during your childhood you went out of Uganda and grew up in USA as and are now also a Citizen of the United States (Duo-citizenship) with a US passport, you will have to get a Uganda Visa on arrival Entebbe and then process your Uganda passport while in Uganda.

My recommendation is that you should decide which citizenship or passport you want to use so that you do not appear to be manipulating the immigration system of any country.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Frequently Asked Questions about Uganda Visas .

Haven't yet found what you Want...?

If you haven't yet found what you were looking for or you need detailed information about the subject matter on this page


feel free to ask our business travel consultants.

Book a Prisons & Correctional
Charity Tour

Farmland for Sale
Prime Commercial Property
Entebbe Rd Land 4 Sale
Over 20 Farmland Parcels
Property & Plots of Land

Uganda Online SuperMarket
Online SuperMarket

Uganda Coffee Safari
Book My Coffee Tour

Uganda Honey
Uganda HoneyComb

Subscribe to our Business Travel Newsletter

Enter Your E-mail Address
Enter Your First Name (optional)

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Africa Uganda Business Travel News Digest.

Hotel Booking

Car RentalCar Hire

Africa Uganda Shipping & Handling ServicesShipping & Handling Services

Our Sponsorship Policy

Apple Guavas available
Africa Uganda Plants GuideAfrica Plants Guide

Charity Investment Guide
Changing Lives

Africa Uganda SMS Guide
Africa Bulk SMS

Poultry Investment Guide
Poultry Business Guide

Related Pages

Uganda Hotels Directory

Uganda Hotels Booking Guide

Houses U can buy Uganda Real Estate Guide Industrial/Farmland Deals

Uganda Real Estates Guide

The Mountain Gorilla

Uganda Safari Guide

Uganda Weather Today

Book My Hotel

Please note that all fields followed by an asterisk must be filled in.

Please enter the word that you see below.


Uganda Currency