Class G 1 visa duration

by Jonathon Face
(exmouth, Devon, England)

Question: Please could you let me know what length / duration would a Class G 1 visa be issued for and can I apply for one at the London Ugandan high commission, will I need a Ugandan / NGO sponsor?
Many Thanks

Answer: Dear Face, the Class G1 is a Work permit and not a visa normally issued to Missionaries, NGOs & Volunteers at US$ 250 per year

You will need to apply for this work permit while you’re in Uganda.

You need first to apply for a Business Visa, then while in Uganda you apply for your G1 work permit.

You will need an appointment letter from your NGO when applying for this work permit.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Frequently Asked Questions about Uganda Visas .

Haven't yet found what you Want...?

If you haven't yet found what you were looking for or you need detailed information about the subject matter on this page


feel free to ask our business travel consultants.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.